These apples ended up being like those Boston Market apples. Soft, sweet, spicy, delish. Also REALLY easy to make.
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
4 Fuji or Gala apples, peeled, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. water
½ c. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add apples and pinch of salt.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are light gold, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add water, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of nutmeg.
4. Cook until liquid is reduced by half and apples are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Off heat, stir in 1 tablespoon butter until melted.