That is a REALLY long title. But these are really good cookies, so I guess they deserve it? I got this recipe off Epicurious.com, my fave site, and then made a few changes. I used what I had on hand and LOVEd the turn out. They are easy to make and perfectly balanced in flavor. Definitely a keeper.
Double Chocolate Cranberry Oat Cookies
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
10 tbsp. (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. (packed) golden brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. old-fashioned oats
1 c. dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
½ c. dark chocolate chips (for drizzling)
1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
2. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
4. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture and oats and stir until blended.
7. Stir in all chocolate chips and cranberries.
(Look at that mangled whisk in the background. It looks like a torture device)
8. Chill batter for 30 minutes (this made it easy to roll into balls, which made the cookies more uniform in shape. If you aren’t worried about shape, skip the chilling and drop by tablespoon-full onto sheet).
9. Roll batter into tbsp. sized balls and place on prepared sheets, 2 inches apart.
10. Bake cookies until edges are light brown, about 16 minutes.
11. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
12. Microwave drizzling chocolate in 30 sec. increments, stirring each time, until smooth. Pour into a ziplock bag and snip the very corner. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern.
13. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 1 hour. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
I made them on Tuesday night and they were gone by Thursday night. Need I say more? Also, I’ve made a lot of cookies and I can assure you, these are easy. Enjoy!