On beautifully warm, breezy and fragrant spring evenings, â€œwhatâ€™s for dinnerâ€ is literally the last thing on my mind. We all know that to eat healthy you need to spend more time in your kitchen and less time dining out, so Iâ€™m constantly on the look out for meals that not only come together quickly, but yield very little clean up. Interested in a one dish meal that tastes great but keep on you on track for bathing suit season? Thatâ€™s what I thought.
By using canned artichokes you cut down the work by like, a thousand percent (who has time to prep artichoke hearts when the weatherâ€™s this nice?) The lemon reduces the need for salt and brightens the flavor, perfect for spring. Serve with grilled asparagus for a plate thatâ€™s rich in color and flavor.
Lemony Chicken, Artichoke and Potato Bake
1 large lemon
4 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 (8.5 oz). can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
1 Â½ lb. baby red skin potatoes, quartered
1 Â½ tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp. olive oil
Â½ heaping tsp. kosher salt
Â½ tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil (for easier clean up).
2. Zest lemon and then cut into wedges. Place zest, lemon wedges, chicken, garlic, artichokes, potatoes, thyme and olive oil into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
3. Dump mixture into prepared pan.
4.Â Sprinkle mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, turning chicken and potatoes half way through.
6. Upon removing from the oven, remove lemon wedges and serve.