Healthy yet somehow indulgent and addictive. I mean, vegetable indulgent, not chocolate cake indulgent. This would be a great rice salad to bring to even a potluck barbecue, as it’s gluten, dairy and egg free.
This came together VERY quickly, could be served hot or cold, and is the perfect vehicle for any type of protein you could possibly want; grilled chicken, turkey, pork, or fish.Â I doubled this recipe and served it to company with these brown sugar sriracha pork kebabs for sort of an Asian inspired, healthy but highly flavorful meal. It came together quickly and could be made ahead, which was great. I let it come to room temperature because I think it’s best that way, but feel free to serve it chilled or warm.
Sesame, Snow Pea and Asparagus Salad
3 c. cooked rice Â
2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
2 tsp. sesame oil
3 tbsp. Tamari (or soy sauce, OR coconut aminos)
1 tsp. honey
1/2Â lb. snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1 to 2 in. pieces
1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped and cut into 1 to 2 in. peices
3 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 bunch scallions, sliced, green and light green parts only
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1. Bring a medium or large pot of water to boil.
2. When water is boiling, add veggies.
3. Let cook 1 minute or until bright green and tender.
4. Strain veggies andÂ and rinse with cold water until no longer warm.
5.Â Combine oils, tamari and honey in a large bowl. Add rice and veggies and toss until evenly combined.
6. Add sesame seeds, crushed red pepper and scallions and stir to combine.
7. Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.