Another granola bar – yes. This one is super dangerous for me to have around because I’d prefer to just eat this all day. These have been on my site for literal ages and the photo had disappeared so I figured it was time for a re-do. The thing with homemade bars is that they don’t hold together as well or break into those perfect pre-packaged squares. This used to really frustrate me but the new me, ten years later, realizes they taste just as good if they’re a bit torn up.Â
There are things to worry about and the shape of your homemade granola bar just isn’t one of them. These have the perfect amount of sweet vs. salty and the crunchy edges are my favorite. This recipe makes an 8×8 but when I doubled it recently the cooking time stayed the same, just FYI.Â
Chewy Granola Bites
Makes 8×8 pan
1/3 c. oats
Â¼ c. packed brown sugar
Â½ tsp. kosher salt
Â½ tsp. cinnamon
1 2/3 c. rolled oats
Â½ c. dried cranberries or cherries
Â½ c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1 c. roasted, salted almonds
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Â¼ c. maple syrup
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Â In a food processor, grind oats to powder. Add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Pulse to combine.
3. Pour ground mixture into a bowl, and combine with 1 2/3 c. rolled oats.
4. In the (now empty) food processor, pulse nuts and fruit until finely chopped.Â Mix chopped nuts/fruit with dry ingredients.
6. In a glass measuring cup or bowl, melt butter. Add maple syrup, honey and water. Whisk well.
7. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
8. Spray an eight-by-eight-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Pour mixture into pan and press down well with water-moistened hands.
9. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and lightly puffed.
10. Let cool for at least an hour before slicing. Ideally chill in fridge 30 minutes before slicing.Â
*Bites will keep at room temperature but will hold together better if kept in the fridge.
2 thoughts on “Chewy Granola Bites”
I make a double batch pan of these at least twice a month! Always a hit! I make a big batch and bring it tol All my new mom friends 🙂
Love this, Holly! Did you bring some to Bekka??
Comments are closed.