A huge upgrade to a standard weeknight chicken dinner, pairing chicken with a quick, easily prepared cream sauce ensures happy table mates. This has been on my site for ages and deserved a re-do. It works for every time of the year and can be on your table in 20 minutes. I like to serve it over rice with salad or some type of roasted veggie.Â
Also, I learned something while making this today. Sprinkling paprika on chicken breasts doesn’t make it taste much different but gives it a gorgeous, appetizing color (whether grilled on pan seared). Just thought I’d pass that on.Â
Creamy Dijon Chicken
4 chicken breasts, sliced in half widthwiseÂ
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. creamy Dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
Juice from Â½Â a lemon
1 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine paprika, kosher salt and pepper andÂ sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
3. Add chicken and cook until golden brown (about five minutes), then flip and cook until the second side is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.Â
4. Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and add sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, water and parsley. Stir, scraping up brown bits from the pan until heated through and combined, about Â 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Slice chicken into strips and top with sauce and any reserved parsley.Â
Per serving: 319 calories, 18 fat grams, 109 milligrams cholesterol, 533 milligrams sodium, 34 grams protein.