An ice cream pie with a chocolate cookie crust, a creamy cream-cheesy vanilla layer, and lots of strawberry ice cream. The chocolate sauce on top makes it look pretty and envelopes the whole she-bang with chocolate. This was super easy to put together and would make a wonderful dessert as the weather gets warmer. I brought it to my friend’s house for dessert knowing she was making tacos – it was a great combo! Plus, Â I love desserts that can be made a day or two ahead and forgotten about, and that’s definitely the case here.
StrawberryÂ Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
30 chocolate wafer cookies
4 tbsp. butter, melted
Cream Cheese layer
5 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (1/2 gallon) container premium strawberry ice cream
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, pulse and then grind cookies into very fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor put the cookies in a large ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin (or other large heavy object that could crush cookies).Â
3. In a bowl, mix crumbs with melted butter until evenly moistened.
4. Pour mixture into pie plate and press into bottoms and up the sides of the plate. The best way to do this is with a custard cup or measuring cup.Â
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cool completely and place in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap.
6. For first layer, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla with electric mixer until completely smooth and slightly thickened. Pour mixture into crust and refreeze.
7. Scoop ice cream on top of cream cheese layer, let soften for several minutes, then smooth with spatula. Refreeze at least 30 minutes.
8. To make ganache, heat cream in glass bowl until hot, about 1 minute. Add chocolate chips and stir until smoothly combined and chips are melted. Drizzle chocolate over ice cream and freeze until chocolate is hardened. Add plastic wrap back once frozen and keep frozen until ready to use.
9. Twenty minutes before serving, remove from freezer to thaw slightly. Slice into slices and serve.